Separate Render

Discussion in 'MAIN FORUM-ENGLISH' started by Taner, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Taner

Taner Member

hi everyone,

i have a question , i am working on a project. i have a room and different kind of chairs. The client wants to see the chairs as a separate layer in Photoshop. So i need to render each chairs and with their shadows...

so the problem
    i couldnt render just the chairs with shadows with a separate layer

this is the example of the idea in the attachments.i will do the same thing for the chair. There is a main scene but i need to render just objects with shadows and separate layers in photoshop so they can change and see the alternative chairs without changing the background scene.
    i send also the psd file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3LZG1cLGPo-aFJUUWpXcE4ydE0

i couldnt find any solutions.

thanks for helping friends

Attached Files:

2. Viola

Viola 3DRnB Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Taner!
    Sorry for replying so late, but it has been quite a busy week! :eek:

I haven't checked your psd file yet, but I can share with you what I usually do when I have to show different options like your chair situation.
    I usually do a complete render with chair option n.1 and have everything fixed in photoshop if necessary.
    I then do "render region"of only the area of the render where there is a change (not only where the new chairs are but also the areas that are affected by the chairs- for example the entire area that is hit by the shadows).

Then on photoshop I create a copy of my first complete render and paste on it just the render region (with all the post production that is necessary).
    You can do this with all the chairs you need to show your client, so that at the end you just turn on and off your photoshop layers and they will see all the options.

Then if you only want to render your chairs out of context you can create a virtual studio in cinema 4d and just render your objects so that your clients can see how they look.

There are obviously tons of ways to tackle this situation, but I feel this is the easiest. You could use vray multipass manager with object ids and standard channels in order to have layers for selections in photoshop.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know, and I am sure Stefano will also let you know if there is an easier and better way to resolve this problem. ;)

have a great day,
    Viola

3. Taner

Taner Member

Thank you Viola for your reply. Ok fine no problem i know you are busy. Thanks for giving your time to answer by question.
    i understand how you do it. Yes it is a quite good way to make it done. But the client doesnt want to see any other things in the photoshop layer. i mean they want to see just the chair and its own shadow. i found something in the web. She/he was using a vray compositing tag for the floor and used matte surface. i found it a good way to catch the shadow with the chairs as a seperate layer. But it works only for the white floors. When it comes to reflected floors ohhh never mind to use it :) so bad results

here is the link for 3ds i did the same thing for c4d but still problems ...

if you can download the psd file you will understand what they want. it is something like doing some postprocessing masks and etc... but i dont know if there is to much work in photoshop in that psd file. Looking for a easy way cuz there are too much chairs and combinations :(

i will try your way if i can. Just dont know how to use the region render never did before. i will check it now.

Thanks for your reply i am so glad to hear from you

Best Regards

4. Stefano

Stefano 3DRnB Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Taner, this C4D tutorial should provide what you need;)

ilgioma likes this.
  5. Taner

Taner Member

Hi Stefano
    Thanks for sending it. i saw this tutorial 2 days ago but couldnt get it work in photoshop.

i think i found the way but need to work in complex scenes. Soon i will write a tutorial for this :) if i can figure out.

Thank you very much Stefano